Wednesday, January 12, 2011

15-Day Extensions Offered for Windows Azure Platform 30-Day Passes

• Updated 1/12/2011 11:30 AM: Extensions are 15, not 30, days; see end of post.

On 1/12/2011 I received the following message from admin@windowsazurepassadmin.com:

image

I have only one Windows Azure Pass subscription in my Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal:

image

My other active subscriptions are Cloud Essentials for Partners and Windows Azure Platform MSDN Premium, which have a one-year duration.

Note: For more details about my Cloud Essentials for Partners subscription, see my Windows Azure Compute Extra-Small VM Beta Now Available in the Cloud Essentials Pack and for General Use post of 1/9/2011. I was surprised to find that my Windows Azure platform Cloud Essentials for Partners subscription was reduced from one-year to one-month duration:

image

None of my active subscriptions are set to expire on 1/12/2010, but I decided to give the extension a try.

Clicking the link at the bottom of the window opened this form with a disabled Windows Live ID text box. Clicking the Signin button inserted my current Windows Live ID:

image

Clicking the Extend Login button produced this page:

image

• Updated 1/12/2011 11:30 AM: Extensions are 15 (not 30) days, so post title changed.

After more than one hour, I received the following (disappointing) confirmation message:

image

I assume that the correct wording is:

Your account will now expire on 1/27/2011 11:21 PM. At that point all of your data will be erased.

Don’t the developers proofread automated emails?

It’s not clear to me if multiple extensions will be available. Stay tuned.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI: If you have already deleted all your data the extension will not be approved.

Tony said...

If anyone in the US has any questions about the Pass, please email me. My Microsoft email is tonybai.